Developed by GreatCircle, Squid Mobile is a free, powerful and yet easy and comprehensive requester and viewer of GRIB files. Compatible with Iridium GO!®, Squid Mobile allows direct weather downloads through Iridium GO!, monitoring satellite signal in real time and smooth pause/resume download.
The app is available for a large audience of sailors. It doesn’t matter if you are an occasional cruiser or a keen racer, if you are an off-shore solo navigator or coastal dinghy sailor. Squid has a wide variety of forecast data, designed for accuracy and coverage in any region around the globe.
- Models: GFS, ECMWF, HiRLAM, AROME, ARPEGE, GEM, GCWF, NAM
- Multi model viewer to compare and analyze con-divergences
- Routing and way-point editor with: bearing Compass, database of major cruising and racing boat polars, roadbook reporting, cloud routing and multiple road comparisons
- Up to 10 days forecasts by steps of 1 or 3 hours
- Direct GRIB download or as mail attachment for easy sharing and opening in other applications
- Multi-model meteograms for easy comparisons (MSLP and wind in V1)
- Customized views by color gradients, isolines, barbs and arrows
- Combining both CPU and graphical processor for smooth animations
- Compatible with iOS9 and Android
- Wind, 10m, 925 Hpa, and gusts
- Cloud cover
- Relative humidity
- Currents, direction and force
- Sea state, swell, wind waves, height and direction